If you are the person who is receiving a mediumship reading and desiring spirit contact, you have a very important job --- CONFIRMATION.
This means confirmation either by your own personal knowledge or thru the personal knowledge of another person known to the spirit.
During the course of the mediumship reading, you can confirm the information that you know to be true. And some information may require validation after the reading with friends or other family members who are privy to this certain info.
Here are some examples of ways in which a spirit may try to validate who they are:
- The spirit's personality traits or physical characteristics may be described. This is part of what I call the Essence of Spirit.
- Most spirits are willing to share how they passed with the medium.
- Sometimes the spirit will give names very clearly or just the initial.
- Often spirits will give important dates of reference to further validate themselves.
- They have been known to mention other family members, sometimes calling them by name.
- They have been known to mention events from the past and sometimes places.
- They have also been known to mention a recent event even if small in your current life or other family members lives to show awareness of the 'here and now' and their spiritual presence at the event.
- They have even been known to show their favorite flower, book, song or any favorite from their life or even yours.
- And just to surprise us, they may find some really unique way of validating themselves that we probably have not even thought of yet. I call these wonderful tidbits from Spirit.
The spirit may choose to use any of the above methods or even none of them. But they will find a way to validate themselves.
Sometimes a sitter will hold out for a specific validation that they asked the spirit for in advance. Sometimes this method works, but many times it does not. That is why it is very important not to have any preconceived notions or expectations about the reading. If you get your special validation, great; if you do not, just know that it is not always possible. That is just the way things are!
Although mediumship readings have become a more common practice these days because of famous mediums such as John Edward, Sylvia Browne, and James Van Praagh, please do not dismiss the specialness of having this wonderful form of contact.
A mediumship reading is and always should be considered a special event in a person's life. This is a sacred connection and communication.
Because of this wonderful process we call mediumship, you receive the most important validation of all: YOU ARE AN ETERNAL SPIRIT !