No, I'm not describing the latest celebrity hottie or a new icecream flavor. I'm talking about the weather. It's spring!
Actually, it's a very summer-like spring. We've had temperatures in the 70s --- an unheard of joy in this part of the world at this time of year.
Usually we would be experiencing frost, snow, and freezing sleet. So everybody is deliciously surprised and satisfied by the sunny turn of events.
In fact, I can tell that some people are surprised that they don't have to complain about the weather because they are almost speechless. And they have beautific and radiant smiles on their faces.
After years about venting about the long horrendous winters and large amounts of snow that we usually experience, the frowns have been turned upside down.
This got me thinking about the lessons of this unusual Spring, so here's a short list of what I'm learning about myself and my LIFE this spring:
- 'Usually' doesn't apply anymore, so remove 'usually' from your weather vocabulary.
- You really will reach the next space of light.
- When things are good, don't focus on the past.
- When people are happy because of the weather, let them enjoy their happiness and thereby encourage praise of blessings.
- Plant a garden and grow with it.
- Take time to watch:
- the sun sparkle like diamonds on the lake
- a robin tug a worm from the green lawn
- the purple crocus flower bloom
- Get the grill out of the shed.
- Go barefoot more often.
- When your 3-year-old wants to spend the entire day outside and find a way to accommodate this instinct as much as possible in the schedule.
- Join him!
Sunny blessings to You All!!