Wednesday, April 28, 2010
The spring rains have filled up the holes and low spots in the road and created beautiful big puddles. Normally, I would have dismissed the puddles overall, occasionally noticed a random puddle for its mirrorlike surface, and generally avoided them by going around or leaping over, and moving on. Now, my son won't let me.
All that wet stuff beckons to him and he runs in with a little squeal of delight to splish and splash. Without regard for the water temperature or his footwear, he tap dances a little patter of joy in a few inches of water. Slap-slap. Slap-slap-squish, water squirts and fountains below him. His pant legs are soaked up to his little knees and he is laughing and grinning with glee to match Gene Kelly in Singing in the Rain.
He has so much fun doing this that I have purchased rain boots so he has appropriate gear for his latest hobby.
And I've caught myself thinking, when did I stop splashing in puddles? Because I can't remember the last time, it must have been over a decade or two ago. And now I recall (from the furthest reaches of my memory) enjoying squishing barefoot in mud puddles when I was eight years old on a warm summer day and how refreshing it was. Was that the last time?
Sometimes we forget past joys, we mature and become adults, and we certainly don't splash in puddles [said with a sophistated superior tone]. When I did become too busy and stodgy for puddles? Well, I've decided that while I have the excuse of my little boy (and probably beyond that), I'm going to rejoin the ranks of puddle-splashers ... because puddles are for splashing. Maybe I'll see you out there, fellow splashers.
Monday, April 26, 2010
A: The ability to distinguish between the thoughts coming from the self and the thought which come from spirit is sometimes very hard to ascertain in the early days of mediumship development.
Practice is the only way. First identify and know what is yours. In other words, before engaging in meditation or mediumship sessions, I frequently:
- Take stock of my body (I take note of any sensations, wellness, and/or pain in my body)
- Have awareness of my own thoughts at this time (what mundane thoughts and events are happening in my life)
Now that you have established what is yours, attune yourself to the Highest and Best and receive the messages from Spirit. Clear your mind of mundane thoughts to allow the incoming vision or sound or sensation to register.
Gently allow a smooth merging of your good thought intention and the thoughts coming from spirit sources. As the two streams of thoughts merge together, you will link with spirit loved ones and connect their messages.
Monday, April 19, 2010
As Spiritualists, we often use the phrase "proof the continuity of Life." Spiritualism offers this proof through mediumship.
EVIDENCE is provided by the communicating spirit loved ones to prove their continued existence beyond the change called 'death'.
Kinds of evidence that prove the continued existence of a loved one:
- Male or female
- Relationship to client - family members, friends, mentors, teachers, others
- Description - size or build, hair clothes, distinguishing features
- Behavior or activity
- Objects linked to loved one - ring, watch, china, furniture, books, tools, flowers, and other things
- Health condition before passing - cancer, stroke, heart attack
- Situation around passing - accident, recent passing, other circumstances
- Concerns of client with regard to passing - things unsaid, financial or family issues, other concerns
- History of loved one - origins, orphaned, other facts
- Voice - accent, warmth, other features
- Words used by loved one
- Colors associated with loved one
- Home or surroundings - garden, special chair, room or view
- Work or talent or expertise - nurse, teacher, owned own business, pianist, interest in history, mechanic, veteran
- Smells or tastes associated with loved one - perfume, pipe tobacco, apple pie
- Close relationship to people on this plane - child, husband or wife, other
- Additional kinds of evidence
Some of the evidence is proof in itself, other categories require several pieces of information.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Attunement is the first objective of the developing medium for creating a Sacred Connection. By seeking alignment of your mind, body, and spirit, you reach a deeper space of knowing that comes from feeling unity with the Divine Source.
Those practicing attunement may:
- aspire for growth and development (spiritual intention)
- meditate daily (to experience a quieting and clearing of the everyday consciousness, to practice self-discipline, to make a habit of connecting with Divine self and Spirit)
- be actively involved in self-care (health of mind, body, and spirit)
- express honesty and compassion for self and others (in accordance with Spiritual Natural Law)
- embrace learning opportunities (soul contracts with family, friends, others; teaching mentors; life events)
Eventually, attunement becomes a part of your daily spiritual practice. Because of your practice and intention, you have a better understanding of the workings of the Universe and your Divine place in this World. You have a prayerful purpose in your ministry and mediumship.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
"Mental Mediumship - Applying the 5 Cs and the Language of Spirit"
In this class, we will discuss the 5 Cs as they relate to mediumship and explore ways that spirits communicate specific information. This workshop offers a wonderful hands-on opportunity to clarify your mediumship strengths and practice the principles of spirit contact.
Geared toward developing intermediate student mediums, the workshop is the second class in a 6 week series with open enrollment, so you may attend this class by itself or take the whole series.
Call me at 716-595-3755 if you would like to join us for a fun, informative class!!!
***For those interested in attending, I am also notifying you of a change of class time. Our class will begin at 2:00 p.m. Originally scheduled for 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., the workshop has been moved to the afternoon in order to accommodate the memorial service of a church member who passed to Spirit recently.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Spiritualists believe that there is an intelligience which is greater than the human mind can conceive, but they go further and say that they know that there is an Infinite Force working in this vast universe, of which we are all a part.
Here are some main teaching points of Spiritualism:
- We believe in God. (sometimes also referred to as Infinite Intelligience)
- We believe that God is all there is.
- The spark of divinity dwells within each individual.
- Man is a soul, animated by spirit, occupying a body with a mind to serve him.
- Life is Eternal. Death is not cessation of life but a change of condition.
- Personality continues after the change called death.
- Those who have passed over are not sleeping but are awake and conscious.
- Spiritual progression is eternal and infinite.
- Communication between all planes of existence is a reality.
- We affirm the divine right of individuals to seek the truth within their own hearts.
- We believe in personal responsibility and that individuals create their own reality according to Natural Law.
- The innate gifts of mediumship and healing are expressions of God's love.
- The development of receptivity and sympathy together with the manifestation of love and kindness in one's daily life leads to true success. (Love thy neighbor as thyself.)
The author H. Gordon Burroughs does a good job summing up Spiritualism's truths in his book Becoming a Spiritualist:
"We know that God lives; we know that our friends live; we know there is a world to which we are going; we know we are to become a part of the angelic throng that can return, though usually unseen, to loved ones left behind; we know we are going to the state of consciousness that we have created through our own effort. We also know that no soul is lost in God's kingdom; that the door to reformation is never closed; that though we may wander and suffer much, somewhere and somehow we must find our way back to God. He is ever-ready to welcome us, this unseen God, who is not a person, but Law, intelligiently manifesting, creative in its activity."Because I am a Spiritualist medium, you will find many of the above concepts discussed in my workshops & classes, mediumship readings, teaching consultations, and other blogposts.
Many of you may also share these beliefs and express them as conscious truths in your own life. As you experience this physical human existence, I encourage you to attune yourself to Infinite Intelligience, to higher thinking, to prayer, and to your spiritual aspirations by listening to the truth within the infinity of your soul.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
This spring 2010, I will be teaching two classes at the JCC Jamestown NY campus:
- "Recognizing Spirit Contact" - April 29th --- Learn techniques to establish and enjoy occasional spirit contact with friends, family, and pets
- "Working with Spirit Guides" - May 6th --- Learn how to meet and interact with spirit guides and understand the ways they enrich our lives
- "Meditation" - April 15th --- learn various forms of meditation, gain insight into your inner self, and discover ways to train the mind and quiet mind chatter during meditation
For more detailed class descriptions, see my website's Coming Events page at: http://www.willawhite.com/coming_events.htm.I strongly suggest that your REGISTER EARLY for these classes. Call JCC at 716-338-1005. See you in class!