We refer to it as "public message work" or "stand up mediumship" because, rather than being in our individual offices (also known as private reading rooms), we are with a large group and we are standing. We refer to them as "messages" because they are brief greetings lasting a couple minutes rather than a private reading session that can range from 30 to 60 minutes in length.
During the Lily Dale summer Season, demonstrations of mediumship are presented by the mediums in the form of short messages to those in the audience. There is a chairperson for the event who calls the mediums one at a time to serve as message ministers at the service. Various kinds of mediums generously volunteer their time to give messages and greetings from Spirit - registered Lily Dale mediums, visiting mediums, and student mediums.
- 1:00 p.m. at Inspiration Stump, an outdoor service in the Leolyn Woods
- 2:30 p.m. at the Afternoon Service at the Auditorium
- 4:00 p.m. at Forest Temple, an outdoor service located on East Street & Marion Street (except on Sundays, when there is an All Message Service in the Auditorium conducted by a single medium)
- 5:30 p.m. at Inspiration Stump
- Oh, and let's not forget the Sunday Church Service where there is a message part of the service (so that makes a total of FIVE services on Sundays)
During the Off-Season, the churches of Lily Dale have Sunday services where there is a message part of the service. And on Wednesday nights, there is a community Healing Service with a brief message portion after the healings.
That is a whole lot of opportunity to possibly receive a message from a loved one in Spirit!!