Skip to main content

Growing our children

Right now, because I am busy growing up this child of mine, I am fascinated by the shaping of young minds/bodies/souls. I look at my one-year-old son and other children and wonder who they will be as adults.

Will they be strong, loyal, compassionate, and adaptable people? Will they feel wounded by life events, especially social interactions, and stagnant in misery? Or will they feel grateful for the lessons, courageously become their own person, and give thanks for this Divine experience?

Because of my young son, I have the opportunity to interact with various children's groups. And I have the opportunity to observe the budding social behavior of children ages 6 months to 4 years. It would seem that there are four main kinds of behavior exhibited:

  • the child who sits quietly in his mother's lap, shyly taking in the world, rarely smiling, and stiffly going through the motions
  • the child who jumps or climbs off out of his mother's arms to explore the room, interact with people, and play independently too --- creatively dodging (and sometimes just barely) the label of mischief maker
  • the child who dutifully and joyfully does exactly as the teacher and mother suggest--- returns to the lap when told and plays nicely with the toys or instruments
  • the child who arches his back and cries out plaintively, he wants to play longer with an instrument or doesn't want to share at that moment, or he's overwhelmed or tired or just plain moody.

Depending on the day (or moment for some), ANY child can exhibit ANY of the above behaviors. Some possible factors responsible for the behavior shift may include:

  • newness to the group
  • age, developmental stage (babe in arms, crawling, walking, running), and/or level or ability
  • parental cues
  • hunger, tiredness, or mild sickness (such as teething)
Of course these are just the behaviors and factors I've noticed. There could be others. However, I've noticed that MOST of the children predominantly stick with ONE behavior type, regardless of the above factors.

I read somewhere that personality is mostly formed in the first three years of life. That is such a small window of time! Three years to create the foundation of a person and help to get it right, wrong, or otherwise.

[In fact, personality becomes so entrenched from that young age that I have witnessed it beyond 'the grave'. During readings, those in Spirit share their essence, especially their personality and behaviors while they were on the Earth plane.]

Personality and behavorial tendencies seem to have bearing on a child's reaction to events, so as I experience these children's groups I am witnessing history and future in the making.

What does the future hold for these beings of Light living a human experience? The adventure of Life.

As parents and loving elders, we have the important task [and joy] of modeling compassionate, strong, loyal, and adaptable behavior. We are helping to write our children's life stories and shape their experience as souls. We are growing our children.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A: Will our session be a conversation with spirit loved ones?

Q: What happens during a mediumship reading? Will it be a conversation between me and my spirit loved ones? A: Each reading is unique, so I never know what to expect during a reading. As a medium, I open myself with the highest and best intention to receive information from your spirit loved ones. Once we establish contact with a spirit loved one and have established their identity, we can engage them in conversation and ask them questions. Many times, a reading is an opportunity to chat with your family and extended family and maybe a few of your closest friends. It can be a special time for reunion and a sharing of memories. It can be a chance to say "hello" or "I'll see you again" or "I love you". Perhaps it will be a time for making amends and apologies. Or it can be an opportunity for closure and explanation. Or it can a time to receive guidance and opinions from those you trust in Spirit. Or it can be a confirmation of your own experiences with s

Flashes of light

I am a medium , so I 'see' things. *smile* Well, every now and then, I see a small light. (And I don't mean an orb or a light flying around the room like Tinkerbell.) I am talking about a small pinprick of light that remains stationary and lasts for 2-3 seconds. It resembles a star from the night sky, albeit a very miniature one. This little 'flash of light' is a spirit. Sometimes I see a 'flash of light' (or a miniature star) around clients during readings --- either near the client's chair or in another part of the room. Also, I remember seeing them in a museum, on the trail in the woods, here at home, and at church. When I see that pinprick of light, I focus on asking the spirit to provide me with more information and to share their essence . Much like seeing spirit in side vision , it's a way that we can perceive those in spirit. These flashes of light are just another way for spirit loved ones to communicate that they are with us. In fact, some

Timeframe for spirit contact

Q: My mom just died unexpectedly last week. Is it too soon for me to try to make contact with her through you? I vaguely remember someone telling me that they're not "available" right after they pass? Is there a general timeframe? Please let me know. Thank you. A: There is no official wait time before establishing communication with a spirit loved one. I have noticed some spirits are ready to communicate immediately and other spirits take longer. Some mediums suggest a six month time period. I feel this is a good timeframe for many clients because by then they have processed some of their grief and are not in a desperate space. There is a difference between being ready and being needy. It just depends on the client and the spirit. Trust your own soul regarding this. When you are ready, you just know. What a blessing it is that you know you will connect with your mother's spirit in divine right timing and that love never dies. If you have a general question whose answ