Q: Have you ever caught a flash of something out of the corner of your eye? And felt it was a spirit loved one, but when you turned to look POOF it was gone?
A: Yes, frequently. This can be frustrating, but I think I understand some of the reasons why this happens and what we can do about it.
First, peripheral (side) vision is supposed to be blurry or not clear. After all, with normal sight we see one focused area clearly at a time (called centralization). When we attempt to see everything clearly the physical eyesight becomes diffused and strained. Locking on one point or staring is not healthy for vision, attitude, or spirit contact. A person with clear vision is constantly moving from one point of interest to another, centralizing as necessary.
Second, seeing spirit in peripheral vision seems to engage the intuitive self. Normally, looking head on at somone or something engages the logical mind. This can make spirit go POOF! in physical eyes. How do we blend this experience?
I believe we can retrain ourselves to experience spirit contact clairvoyantly. Here is one way I have retrained my mind to work with spirit and peripheral vision:
- When I see spirit in my peripheral vision (instead of whipping my head around to look face on), I sit back and record the experience. I don't want to engage my logical mind at this time. I will have time to think about it later.
- Slowly, by small degrees, I shift my head. As long as spirit is still there, I allow the experience to unfold.
- The next time, I shift my head more, keeping spirit in sight mostly.
- After a few times of doing this, I am able to see spirit face on. I guess my logical mind is finally convinced.
- After many times of doing this, I am able to shift easily with spirit whether the spirit is in my side vision or in my central vision.
Eventually, after practicing this a few (or many) times, you may see spirit better too. At all times, I encourage you to practice good natural vision habits. Enjoy seeing spirit!