Skip to main content

Going with the flow

One of my clients yesterday was a wonderful woman who was truly "going with the flow." That morning, she decided to hop into her vehicle and see where the road would take her. She ended up in Lily Dale with the whole day ahead of her, sitting on my porch waiting for a reading with me.

When I apologetically told her that she would have to wait over an hour until I would be able to do her reading, that I had another client before her, that she could wait on the porch or talk a stroll around the Dale, she gently brushed my concerns away saying, "I have the whole day ahead of me with nothing planned. I have the whole day." She was perfectly happy to bliss out on my open porch.

After an amazing reading, she asked for directions to a nearby lake about 30 minutes away. I told her that the quickest way is to take the backroads but she could get lost. She said, "GREAT!"

She is a fantastic example of what I have been blogging about recently . . . Listening to Your Inner Guide.

What a gift she is to me. Her act of fearless adventure this day reminds me to let go of fear and control of the moment.

So often in life and in our intuitive development we are looking for the fastest, most direct route. This lady's enthusiasm about whatever comes her way reminds me not to apologize for the roundabout journey and not to avoid the bumps and to enjoy the scenery along the way.

It is a reminder to allow the day to unfold with acceptance, patience, and joy.

Comments

Christy said…
This blog really helped me today more than u know...again. Thanks

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A: Will our session be a conversation with spirit loved ones?

Q: What happens during a mediumship reading? Will it be a conversation between me and my spirit loved ones? A: Each reading is unique, so I never know what to expect during a reading. As a medium, I open myself with the highest and best intention to receive information from your spirit loved ones. Once we establish contact with a spirit loved one and have established their identity, we can engage them in conversation and ask them questions. Many times, a reading is an opportunity to chat with your family and extended family and maybe a few of your closest friends. It can be a special time for reunion and a sharing of memories. It can be a chance to say "hello" or "I'll see you again" or "I love you". Perhaps it will be a time for making amends and apologies. Or it can be an opportunity for closure and explanation. Or it can a time to receive guidance and opinions from those you trust in Spirit. Or it can be a confirmation of your own experiences with s

Flashes of light

I am a medium , so I 'see' things. *smile* Well, every now and then, I see a small light. (And I don't mean an orb or a light flying around the room like Tinkerbell.) I am talking about a small pinprick of light that remains stationary and lasts for 2-3 seconds. It resembles a star from the night sky, albeit a very miniature one. This little 'flash of light' is a spirit. Sometimes I see a 'flash of light' (or a miniature star) around clients during readings --- either near the client's chair or in another part of the room. Also, I remember seeing them in a museum, on the trail in the woods, here at home, and at church. When I see that pinprick of light, I focus on asking the spirit to provide me with more information and to share their essence . Much like seeing spirit in side vision , it's a way that we can perceive those in spirit. These flashes of light are just another way for spirit loved ones to communicate that they are with us. In fact, some

Timeframe for spirit contact

Q: My mom just died unexpectedly last week. Is it too soon for me to try to make contact with her through you? I vaguely remember someone telling me that they're not "available" right after they pass? Is there a general timeframe? Please let me know. Thank you. A: There is no official wait time before establishing communication with a spirit loved one. I have noticed some spirits are ready to communicate immediately and other spirits take longer. Some mediums suggest a six month time period. I feel this is a good timeframe for many clients because by then they have processed some of their grief and are not in a desperate space. There is a difference between being ready and being needy. It just depends on the client and the spirit. Trust your own soul regarding this. When you are ready, you just know. What a blessing it is that you know you will connect with your mother's spirit in divine right timing and that love never dies. If you have a general question whose answ