Skip to main content

Dragonfly wings

Something magical has happened.

Today at the park, a dragonfly landed on my son. My little guy was playing on the steps to the slide when a dragonfly swooped down and attached itself to his shirt!

The dragonfly took up residence exactly between my son's shoulderblades and a few inches from his neck of his shirt. It looked like my son had wings!! Beautiful irridescent angel wings.

Incredibly, the dragonfly remained perched on my son while he explored some of the other playground equipment, stayed on him as he rambunctiously ran to the basketball court to pick up and throw the ball several times, and entered the maze hedge with him. He even stumbled a few times. All told, it remained unmoving on my son's back for over 20 minutes.

Eventually, I saw the dragonfly fly on. It buzzed over a field of flowers and was gone.

What was the message?

The dragonfly has been a symbol of happiness, new beginnings, and change in many cultures. Some animal symbolism has the dragonfly representing good luck, prosperity, swiftness, purity, harmony and strength.

Some Native Americans believe dragonflies are the souls of the dead. There are also many cultures that believe that the meaning of a dragonfly is happiness, courage and subconscious thoughts.

And with the constant changing of the world, it is no wonder that more and more people are adopting the dragonfly as their totem and admiring this beautiful insect. What a blessing to have this dragonfly land in our lives this day!

Comments

Anonymous said…
.♥♥.♫.•´*.¸.••♫.•´*.¸.•´.♥On Monday (6/7) my wonderful daughter (Willow) and I were doing our daily love walk and what did we find on the edge of the sidewalk? A wonderfully beautiful intact dragonfly. Its spirit had moved out of its physical body, but its vibrating energy was still there with us. We have it on our tarot cards with other meaningful items now.
I have not checked on you blog in a month (Sorry, busy) and before logging off tonight a fleeting thought said "check out Willa's AWESOME blog. Glad I did. The synchronicity is wonderful, a clear sign the vibrations on our earth are showing us all we are one, and love is everywhere we are.
Much light and love to you and yours. We will make it to the Lily Dale Assembly some day to meet.♥♥.♫.•´*.¸.••♫.•´*.¸.•´.♥
Willa said…
Thanks for commenting and sharing your dragonfly story, Billy. I love having another layer to this synchronicity!

More about my experience:
After the first few minutes of oh-wow-a-dragonfly, I began to wonder if the spirit of the dragonfly was indeed leaving it's physical form. It was so still and quiet on my son's back. Despite my son's active toddler movements, it stayed put without so much as a flutter.

At one point, I even applied sunscreen on my son and lifted the shirt (and therefore the dragonfly) slightly away from his body to slather the sunscreen on his neck. The dragonfly was unphased --- just perfectly content to be my son's angel wings.

~Willa

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A: Will our session be a conversation with spirit loved ones?

Q: What happens during a mediumship reading? Will it be a conversation between me and my spirit loved ones? A: Each reading is unique, so I never know what to expect during a reading. As a medium, I open myself with the highest and best intention to receive information from your spirit loved ones. Once we establish contact with a spirit loved one and have established their identity, we can engage them in conversation and ask them questions. Many times, a reading is an opportunity to chat with your family and extended family and maybe a few of your closest friends. It can be a special time for reunion and a sharing of memories. It can be a chance to say "hello" or "I'll see you again" or "I love you". Perhaps it will be a time for making amends and apologies. Or it can be an opportunity for closure and explanation. Or it can a time to receive guidance and opinions from those you trust in Spirit. Or it can be a confirmation of your own experiences with s

Flashes of light

I am a medium , so I 'see' things. *smile* Well, every now and then, I see a small light. (And I don't mean an orb or a light flying around the room like Tinkerbell.) I am talking about a small pinprick of light that remains stationary and lasts for 2-3 seconds. It resembles a star from the night sky, albeit a very miniature one. This little 'flash of light' is a spirit. Sometimes I see a 'flash of light' (or a miniature star) around clients during readings --- either near the client's chair or in another part of the room. Also, I remember seeing them in a museum, on the trail in the woods, here at home, and at church. When I see that pinprick of light, I focus on asking the spirit to provide me with more information and to share their essence . Much like seeing spirit in side vision , it's a way that we can perceive those in spirit. These flashes of light are just another way for spirit loved ones to communicate that they are with us. In fact, some

Timeframe for spirit contact

Q: My mom just died unexpectedly last week. Is it too soon for me to try to make contact with her through you? I vaguely remember someone telling me that they're not "available" right after they pass? Is there a general timeframe? Please let me know. Thank you. A: There is no official wait time before establishing communication with a spirit loved one. I have noticed some spirits are ready to communicate immediately and other spirits take longer. Some mediums suggest a six month time period. I feel this is a good timeframe for many clients because by then they have processed some of their grief and are not in a desperate space. There is a difference between being ready and being needy. It just depends on the client and the spirit. Trust your own soul regarding this. When you are ready, you just know. What a blessing it is that you know you will connect with your mother's spirit in divine right timing and that love never dies. If you have a general question whose answ