Skip to main content

Cultivating the spiritual path

Our lives are so busy in modern society.  Our appointment books are completely full and we're always running here and there. 




We often complain there isn't enough time for cultivating the Spiritual Path.  However, whenever we have a spare moment, we work more or fill in the gap with other activities. 




We have time for many other things, but we hardly ever have time to nourish ourselves spiritually by attending spiritual development classes and meditating.  This is a common refrain from my students, clients, and peers.


As a wife and mother with a young family, I understand this.  Right now, I am in the child-rearing phase of life.  And my time is largely taken up with mundane living.  I must "chop wood and carry water." 


Occasionally, in the midst of a task of drudgery, I sigh and look longingly at my book waiting for me on the table.  Or I will think about the church service or spiritual class I would like to attend but can't because my family needs me.  Or I will dream about the world traveling I would like to do and the spiritual cultures I would like to see first hand. 


And then, in the next moment, my husband or one of my sons reminds me with a smile, word, or action how special and sacred this "mundane" experience is.  What a wonderful feeling it is when I remember to glory in my experiences with family life and when I remember they are part of cultivating my Spiritual Path!


It also helps that in the few spare moments I have when I am not working or tending to my family, I am conscious of nourishing myself with Spiritual Food.  Frequently, I feel hungry and thirsty for spiritual words and experiences.  I will snatch a few minutes to meditate, check in with the Divine, read a spiritual book, or do yoga.


I know that even with all I "must" do to facilitate my young family's growth, I am also working diligently to know my own Soul more, feel connected with the Universe more, and feel the Love of the Divine in my Life.  And I am teaching them how to do the same, just as they are teaching me.  This phase of life is so precious and I don't want to miss these moments with my family.


My human frustrations are temporary, my Soul is forever.  My life is an embodiment of Prayer.  So I will continue to Cultivate my Spiritual Path as I can and where I can and as directed by the Divine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A: Will our session be a conversation with spirit loved ones?

Q: What happens during a mediumship reading? Will it be a conversation between me and my spirit loved ones? A: Each reading is unique, so I never know what to expect during a reading. As a medium, I open myself with the highest and best intention to receive information from your spirit loved ones. Once we establish contact with a spirit loved one and have established their identity, we can engage them in conversation and ask them questions. Many times, a reading is an opportunity to chat with your family and extended family and maybe a few of your closest friends. It can be a special time for reunion and a sharing of memories. It can be a chance to say "hello" or "I'll see you again" or "I love you". Perhaps it will be a time for making amends and apologies. Or it can be an opportunity for closure and explanation. Or it can a time to receive guidance and opinions from those you trust in Spirit. Or it can be a confirmation of your own experiences with s

Flashes of light

I am a medium , so I 'see' things. *smile* Well, every now and then, I see a small light. (And I don't mean an orb or a light flying around the room like Tinkerbell.) I am talking about a small pinprick of light that remains stationary and lasts for 2-3 seconds. It resembles a star from the night sky, albeit a very miniature one. This little 'flash of light' is a spirit. Sometimes I see a 'flash of light' (or a miniature star) around clients during readings --- either near the client's chair or in another part of the room. Also, I remember seeing them in a museum, on the trail in the woods, here at home, and at church. When I see that pinprick of light, I focus on asking the spirit to provide me with more information and to share their essence . Much like seeing spirit in side vision , it's a way that we can perceive those in spirit. These flashes of light are just another way for spirit loved ones to communicate that they are with us. In fact, some

Timeframe for spirit contact

Q: My mom just died unexpectedly last week. Is it too soon for me to try to make contact with her through you? I vaguely remember someone telling me that they're not "available" right after they pass? Is there a general timeframe? Please let me know. Thank you. A: There is no official wait time before establishing communication with a spirit loved one. I have noticed some spirits are ready to communicate immediately and other spirits take longer. Some mediums suggest a six month time period. I feel this is a good timeframe for many clients because by then they have processed some of their grief and are not in a desperate space. There is a difference between being ready and being needy. It just depends on the client and the spirit. Trust your own soul regarding this. When you are ready, you just know. What a blessing it is that you know you will connect with your mother's spirit in divine right timing and that love never dies. If you have a general question whose answ