Skip to main content

Spiritual Food

In this time of feasting and Thanksgiving, we often review our blessings (health, family, home, etc) and we think about the food we will eat (the turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, pumpkin pie, etc).

This year, I am thinking about a different kind of food - Spiritual Food.  I am referring to:
  • reading inspirational books
  • attending a spiritual development class
  • walking in Nature and witnessing God in the sunlight, the trees, in everything
  • going to a church service or prayer service

Before my son was born, I had the opportunity to eat Spiritual Food every day and in every way.  I was like a sponge, soaking up my communion with God with gusto.  Each day, each week, each month, I found inspiration in Spiritual Food by feeding my mind and soul. 

After he was born, my time became so limited because I was focusing on tending to our family's Needs that my old schedule of Eating Spiritual Food was forgotten for a time.  Eventually, I lacked Spiritual Food in my life so much that I was feeling a disconnect from my spiritual center within.

Thankfully, I noticed this void - and instead of filling it with despair and depression - I recognized my need for Spiritual Food and began feeding myself again.  My son was older and could play for ten minutes or so by himself in the morning, so I would take the time to read some pages from an inspirational book, then allow myself to review the words throughout the day as their meanings resonated in me.  In essence this was similar to stretching before physical exercise, but this was stretching before spiritual exercise so that I could plunge into the depths of my Being and climb into the sacred mountains of my Divine Self. 

I then was able to arrange for him to be watched by loving family members so that I could take time to steady myself with walks alone in Nature, go to a development circle, or attend a church service.  With each step, I felt my spiritual self strengthening again.  It was wonderful to swim in the Divine Essence with prayerful intention again! 

After all, "Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God." (Matthew 4:4)

Synchronistically, the importance of eating Spiritual Food was mentioned in one of the books I was reading yesterday.  In her book "The Beauty of Beholding God", Darien Cooper explained about a time when she was feeling empty spiritually and needed new Spiritual Food.  She recognized that, after she stopped teaching her Christian marriage seminars in order to tend to her family's needs, she became spiritually malnourished and began outlining a "plan to get moving toward spiritual health again".  She turned to God's word (in her case The Bible) and found a renewed sense of spiritual purpose.

As a second point, while spiritual work is energetically rewarding, spiritual malnutrition can be one of the hazards of ministering to others.  Mediums, healers, and spiritual teachers should be careful to take in Spiritual Food to the same or greater degree than they give out.

Bottomline: Don't starve yourself - eat Spiritual Food with gusto!  And feel your special relationship with God and your Divine Self grow more and more fulfulling in every way.

Comments

Holy food said…
Hi, many, many thanks for taking the time to share.. It was useful for my team. Thanks for all of your hard work! I enjoy your weblog and will sign up to your feed so I will not miss anything. Fantastic content.holy food
religious food

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A: Will our session be a conversation with spirit loved ones?

Q: What happens during a mediumship reading? Will it be a conversation between me and my spirit loved ones? A: Each reading is unique, so I never know what to expect during a reading. As a medium, I open myself with the highest and best intention to receive information from your spirit loved ones. Once we establish contact with a spirit loved one and have established their identity, we can engage them in conversation and ask them questions. Many times, a reading is an opportunity to chat with your family and extended family and maybe a few of your closest friends. It can be a special time for reunion and a sharing of memories. It can be a chance to say "hello" or "I'll see you again" or "I love you". Perhaps it will be a time for making amends and apologies. Or it can be an opportunity for closure and explanation. Or it can a time to receive guidance and opinions from those you trust in Spirit. Or it can be a confirmation of your own experiences with s

Flashes of light

I am a medium , so I 'see' things. *smile* Well, every now and then, I see a small light. (And I don't mean an orb or a light flying around the room like Tinkerbell.) I am talking about a small pinprick of light that remains stationary and lasts for 2-3 seconds. It resembles a star from the night sky, albeit a very miniature one. This little 'flash of light' is a spirit. Sometimes I see a 'flash of light' (or a miniature star) around clients during readings --- either near the client's chair or in another part of the room. Also, I remember seeing them in a museum, on the trail in the woods, here at home, and at church. When I see that pinprick of light, I focus on asking the spirit to provide me with more information and to share their essence . Much like seeing spirit in side vision , it's a way that we can perceive those in spirit. These flashes of light are just another way for spirit loved ones to communicate that they are with us. In fact, some

Timeframe for spirit contact

Q: My mom just died unexpectedly last week. Is it too soon for me to try to make contact with her through you? I vaguely remember someone telling me that they're not "available" right after they pass? Is there a general timeframe? Please let me know. Thank you. A: There is no official wait time before establishing communication with a spirit loved one. I have noticed some spirits are ready to communicate immediately and other spirits take longer. Some mediums suggest a six month time period. I feel this is a good timeframe for many clients because by then they have processed some of their grief and are not in a desperate space. There is a difference between being ready and being needy. It just depends on the client and the spirit. Trust your own soul regarding this. When you are ready, you just know. What a blessing it is that you know you will connect with your mother's spirit in divine right timing and that love never dies. If you have a general question whose answ