Skip to main content

Even when we're sleeping...

The other night I woke up in the wee small hours of the morning and I couldn't get back to sleep.  I woke up with an intense urge to take a class in a certain subject and had a series of visions regarding it.  This desire came out of blue and I couldn't figure out where the idea came from. 

It was so undeniablely intense that I eventually got out of bed, booted up the computer, and researched it.  I hunted up the class info, structure, times offered, and the nearest location that offered the class.  And the whole time, I was puzzled. Why would I want to learn about this and immediately?  I felt obsessive in my need to complete this research task.

Satisfied that I had hunted up all the pertinent info regarding a class, I left the info up on the computer screen and returned to bed, tired and very confused.

As I crawled back into bed, my husband stirred and I could tell he was half-awake.  Because I was stumped about why I would wake up with this interest and I couldn't wait until full-fledged morning, I took the opportunity to say to him, "I really feel like taking a class in ______ and I have no idea why!  I just spent the last hour researching it online.  Isn't that odd?"  He sleepily announced, "I was thinking about taking a class in ______ all day." 

Now, I had my answer.  Sleeping next to him at night, I had picked up the vibrational energy of the thought forms he had created throughout the day about this class.  In my eagerness to be helpful to my husband, my unconscious self passed on the message to my conscious self to complete the task of researching all necessary info.

"Well, now I know why I was obsessing about it.  I did ALL the research for you and I left it on the computer for viewing," I told him proudly.  Relieved of my task, I could now return to sleep.

I wonder if other wives/husbands have this happen to them. In the process of blending our lives with our spouses, we become so 'linked' with them that sometimes we connect strongly with helping their vision come to pass (or have a better understanding of a feeling they are having). Even in the unconscious state, we love them and are united.

Comments

Anonymous said…
My mother frequently is called to familial tasks like this from her sleep.

I have had the experience of waking from my sleep to describe a dream to my spouse only to discover we had shared the same dream. We never discovered who originated the "shared" dream, but it was pivotal for us both.
Anonymous said…
Once while I was studying I wrote my mother's name on the sheet of paper I was looking at (she is in spirit). At that moment my fiance woke up from a nap and said your mother just came to me in my dream and said that I should make you cookies while you study. Not quite the same as your experience but it was odd that at the same moment my mother was on both of our minds. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A: Will our session be a conversation with spirit loved ones?

Q: What happens during a mediumship reading? Will it be a conversation between me and my spirit loved ones? A: Each reading is unique, so I never know what to expect during a reading. As a medium, I open myself with the highest and best intention to receive information from your spirit loved ones. Once we establish contact with a spirit loved one and have established their identity, we can engage them in conversation and ask them questions. Many times, a reading is an opportunity to chat with your family and extended family and maybe a few of your closest friends. It can be a special time for reunion and a sharing of memories. It can be a chance to say "hello" or "I'll see you again" or "I love you". Perhaps it will be a time for making amends and apologies. Or it can be an opportunity for closure and explanation. Or it can a time to receive guidance and opinions from those you trust in Spirit. Or it can be a confirmation of your own experiences with s

Flashes of light

I am a medium , so I 'see' things. *smile* Well, every now and then, I see a small light. (And I don't mean an orb or a light flying around the room like Tinkerbell.) I am talking about a small pinprick of light that remains stationary and lasts for 2-3 seconds. It resembles a star from the night sky, albeit a very miniature one. This little 'flash of light' is a spirit. Sometimes I see a 'flash of light' (or a miniature star) around clients during readings --- either near the client's chair or in another part of the room. Also, I remember seeing them in a museum, on the trail in the woods, here at home, and at church. When I see that pinprick of light, I focus on asking the spirit to provide me with more information and to share their essence . Much like seeing spirit in side vision , it's a way that we can perceive those in spirit. These flashes of light are just another way for spirit loved ones to communicate that they are with us. In fact, some

Timeframe for spirit contact

Q: My mom just died unexpectedly last week. Is it too soon for me to try to make contact with her through you? I vaguely remember someone telling me that they're not "available" right after they pass? Is there a general timeframe? Please let me know. Thank you. A: There is no official wait time before establishing communication with a spirit loved one. I have noticed some spirits are ready to communicate immediately and other spirits take longer. Some mediums suggest a six month time period. I feel this is a good timeframe for many clients because by then they have processed some of their grief and are not in a desperate space. There is a difference between being ready and being needy. It just depends on the client and the spirit. Trust your own soul regarding this. When you are ready, you just know. What a blessing it is that you know you will connect with your mother's spirit in divine right timing and that love never dies. If you have a general question whose answ