Skip to main content

Beach bliss at the Snow Beach

Here I am in Lily Dale in the heart of winter.  We have had windchills that make it below zero at times and snow up to our crown chakras.  Jack Frost and Old Man Winter seem to enjoy visiting our part of the world a lot and they are guests that are very demanding physically (I think the snowshovel is still frozen to my mitten).   So when the wintery blasts are at their most fierce, my meditations start to take on a decidedly tropical theme --- I go to the BEACH and bliss out. 

Thankfully, I have had the opportunity to visit a few of the beaches in my time here on the Earth plane.  At first glance, one might think that all beaches are the same -- just an accumulation of sand and water.  But for me, it is so much more.

A beach is where land and water and sky meet.  A beach is magical.  And each beach is unique - some have:
  • course gravel-like sand that is perfect for hatching sea turtles
  • pure white sand that doesn't hold heat so you don't have to worry about scorched feet
  • perfectly shaped half sea shells
  • twisted, corkscrew-looking shells
  • seaweed and seafoam clumping at the edge
  • shark teeth (these petrified pieces can sometimes be difficult to catch in the wash of an incoming wave)
  • shallow waters so that you can walk in water below your knees for a mile.
  • sharp drop-offs into a watery abyss
  • starfish and sand dollars
  • white, green, brown, or black sand
  • pelicans, seagulls, and sandpipers
  • amazing aqua blue water that is crystal clear
  • palm trees
  • sand dunes
  • dolphins
  • places to write and draw in the sand
  • sandcastles and laughing children
And the sky changes everything.
  • The surreal haze of light and water creates a place with no horizon
  • Litttle puffs of cloud sail in the sky about the boats bobbing in the ocean waves
  • Gray clouds part to reveal "God's eye" and sun streams down in thick rays of light
Yes, during this harsh cold months of winter it's nice to visit my tropical "happy place" in my meditations. 

During my shoveling, I imagine I'm scooping beach sand that has been heated by the warm sun.  My son eagerly assists me (he has his own little shovel and takes great delight in clearing the snow too).  Sometimes he brings out his trucks&tractors and plays in the snow like he's playing at the beach.  He knows how to enjoy our "snow beach". *smile* 

And in the hot days of summer, I shall remember the refreshing cool temperatures of winter and give thanks for the opportunity to experience the best in any season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A: Will our session be a conversation with spirit loved ones?

Q: What happens during a mediumship reading? Will it be a conversation between me and my spirit loved ones? A: Each reading is unique, so I never know what to expect during a reading. As a medium, I open myself with the highest and best intention to receive information from your spirit loved ones. Once we establish contact with a spirit loved one and have established their identity, we can engage them in conversation and ask them questions. Many times, a reading is an opportunity to chat with your family and extended family and maybe a few of your closest friends. It can be a special time for reunion and a sharing of memories. It can be a chance to say "hello" or "I'll see you again" or "I love you". Perhaps it will be a time for making amends and apologies. Or it can be an opportunity for closure and explanation. Or it can a time to receive guidance and opinions from those you trust in Spirit. Or it can be a confirmation of your own experiences with s

Flashes of light

I am a medium , so I 'see' things. *smile* Well, every now and then, I see a small light. (And I don't mean an orb or a light flying around the room like Tinkerbell.) I am talking about a small pinprick of light that remains stationary and lasts for 2-3 seconds. It resembles a star from the night sky, albeit a very miniature one. This little 'flash of light' is a spirit. Sometimes I see a 'flash of light' (or a miniature star) around clients during readings --- either near the client's chair or in another part of the room. Also, I remember seeing them in a museum, on the trail in the woods, here at home, and at church. When I see that pinprick of light, I focus on asking the spirit to provide me with more information and to share their essence . Much like seeing spirit in side vision , it's a way that we can perceive those in spirit. These flashes of light are just another way for spirit loved ones to communicate that they are with us. In fact, some

Timeframe for spirit contact

Q: My mom just died unexpectedly last week. Is it too soon for me to try to make contact with her through you? I vaguely remember someone telling me that they're not "available" right after they pass? Is there a general timeframe? Please let me know. Thank you. A: There is no official wait time before establishing communication with a spirit loved one. I have noticed some spirits are ready to communicate immediately and other spirits take longer. Some mediums suggest a six month time period. I feel this is a good timeframe for many clients because by then they have processed some of their grief and are not in a desperate space. There is a difference between being ready and being needy. It just depends on the client and the spirit. Trust your own soul regarding this. When you are ready, you just know. What a blessing it is that you know you will connect with your mother's spirit in divine right timing and that love never dies. If you have a general question whose answ