Skip to main content

Weather prediction 2

At this time of year, weather is the hot topic (um, COLD topic). We're talking snow, sleet, rain, and the many other weather conditions that Old Man Winter can pile upon us poor souls in western New York State. Throw extremely high winds into the mix and you've got yourself one heck of a storm.

And now, a 'Big Storm' has been making it way across the country, hitting people from Arizona, the Mid-West and others, and heading to my place in the world. Friends and family kept calling and giving weather updates. "Over two feet of snow coming our way starting Wednesday night into Thursday morning." [Yes, I wrote two feet.]

I had somewhere to go first thing yesterday morning, so I was being extra vigilant about the weather. As my husband kissed me goodbye, he cautioned me to drive carefully.

As I drove, I kept thinking, "what a beautiful day!" The roads were clear and sunshine was beaming all around me. I started allowing my imagination to play and I began calling it 'Sunshine Snow'. This must be how it is for those folks in Florida, aka the Sunshine State. I found myself thinking, "Where is the storm that everyone is talking about?"

And I admit that I started to mock the weather guys, again. Just a little bit. I love making fun of weather prediction. People get so excited about it.

Let's face it --- as human beings, we love future prediction. We like to be able to control and prepare for events. Special radar technology that tracks storms will tell us the path. No one is right 100% of the time, but we still expect them to be.

People think that I'm going to tell them the future. This is not what I do. I am a medium. And sessions with mediums are NOT for future-telling or fortune-telling. Mediumship readings are for spirit contact with those who have crossed over. As to what comments your spirit loved ones may make on your present circumstances and future, see this post Spirit loves ones & the future.

There are higher probabilities of outcome based on past history and the energy of the present moment, however, nothing is 100% certain. We should not give into the idea of a bygone conclusion.

We each have free will to choose our reactions to events, people, and situations. Our reactions create our reality (past, present, AND future). This is part of living in accordance with Spiritual Natural Law. We create our future. We contribute to the weather, the world, and to each other.

Update on the storm: It spent extra time visiting in Buffalo NY before making its way to my town. By that evening, snow had begun falling from the sky in great swooshes.

While the veil of snow obscured the sky, I slept. And this morning, I shoveled snow 13 inches deep off the sidewalk and out of my driveway while more snowflakes poured from the sky. Blizzard conditions achieved. Just on a 24 hour delay. That's how future prediction can be sometimes.

As the storm continues to make its way across the United States, I am reminded of how dust from the Sahara Desert blows across Asia over the Himalayas (the rooftop of the world) and the breezes eventually carry it around the world to you and to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flashes of light

I am a medium , so I 'see' things. *smile* Well, every now and then, I see a small light. (And I don't mean an orb or a light flying around the room like Tinkerbell.) I am talking about a small pinprick of light that remains stationary and lasts for 2-3 seconds. It resembles a star from the night sky, albeit a very miniature one. This little 'flash of light' is a spirit. Sometimes I see a 'flash of light' (or a miniature star) around clients during readings --- either near the client's chair or in another part of the room. Also, I remember seeing them in a museum, on the trail in the woods, here at home, and at church. When I see that pinprick of light, I focus on asking the spirit to provide me with more information and to share their essence . Much like seeing spirit in side vision , it's a way that we can perceive those in spirit. These flashes of light are just another way for spirit loved ones to communicate that they are with us. In fact, some

Q & A: Will our session be a conversation with spirit loved ones?

Q: What happens during a mediumship reading? Will it be a conversation between me and my spirit loved ones? A: Each reading is unique, so I never know what to expect during a reading. As a medium, I open myself with the highest and best intention to receive information from your spirit loved ones. Once we establish contact with a spirit loved one and have established their identity, we can engage them in conversation and ask them questions. Many times, a reading is an opportunity to chat with your family and extended family and maybe a few of your closest friends. It can be a special time for reunion and a sharing of memories. It can be a chance to say "hello" or "I'll see you again" or "I love you". Perhaps it will be a time for making amends and apologies. Or it can be an opportunity for closure and explanation. Or it can a time to receive guidance and opinions from those you trust in Spirit. Or it can be a confirmation of your own experiences with s

Timeframe for spirit contact

Q: My mom just died unexpectedly last week. Is it too soon for me to try to make contact with her through you? I vaguely remember someone telling me that they're not "available" right after they pass? Is there a general timeframe? Please let me know. Thank you. A: There is no official wait time before establishing communication with a spirit loved one. I have noticed some spirits are ready to communicate immediately and other spirits take longer. Some mediums suggest a six month time period. I feel this is a good timeframe for many clients because by then they have processed some of their grief and are not in a desperate space. There is a difference between being ready and being needy. It just depends on the client and the spirit. Trust your own soul regarding this. When you are ready, you just know. What a blessing it is that you know you will connect with your mother's spirit in divine right timing and that love never dies. If you have a general question whose answ