Skip to main content

Practicing the Presence of God, Part 3

The following blogpost is excerpted from my Sunday morning lecture at the Church of the Living Spirit on 5-17-09. See Part 1 & Part 2.

Part Three: Practicing

Robert Browning wrote in his poem “Paracelsus” :

Truth is within ourselves; it takes no rise
From outward things, whate’er you may believe.
There is an inmost centre in us all,
Where truth abides in fullness . . . and, to know,
Rather consists in opening out a way
Whence the imprisoned splendour may escape,
Than in effecting entry for a light
Supposed to be without.

After much contemplation over the question --- Do we need to pretend to lose God in order to find God? ---- I believe we are practicing the Presence of God.

When we interact with other souls, we are practicing the Presence of God. After struggle, each moment we give ourselves over to unconditional love we know the Presence of God in full and wonderful ways. When we fall in love and stay loving, we feel an amazing unbreakable link with another soul. When we become a parent, we feel that we have become co-creators with the Universe.

We are all vibrationally linked---your light and my light unite. Reunion with another person’s higher self feels so sweet because it is a reunion with the Source of All.

Most days, I now know it is not a task, but an exciting experience to practice the Presence of God. As my soul reaches out its awareness of God, it feels so much how my baby son searches for his Mommy, “God, where are you? I need you. I am part of you and you are part of me. Come back into my sight and hold my soul to yours.”

That is why I find our church’s meditation time so wonderful. To take us into meditation we use the words:

GOD’S LOVE IS DEEP WITHIN ME
GOD’S LIFE IS DEEP WITHIN ME
GOD’S LIGHT IS DEEP WITHIN ME
EVER SATISFYING MY SOUL.

This is a powerful affirmation of the Presence of God. Then, we are given an opportunity to go into the silence.

So …. Talk to God and LET GOD TALK TO YOU! When you are through with your praying, take time to be still --- really very still --- and let God talk to you. Sometimes we are in such a hurry that we do not give the answer a chance to come through!

Believe me, as a new mom, I know about being in a hurry and not having time to be still. So remember that even in the flowing river of your thoughts and days, you can still feel the Presence of God. As The Science of Mind philosopher Ernest Holmes once said, “The whole of God is present at any time and every point within God.”

The healing, the peace and comfort await your practicing the Presence of God. As you open your inmost chambers of your Soul with prayer, you will be restored, revived, and enlightened every time.

If you are using a stale prayer, form a new one. Stale prayers and stale thinking aren’t any good for you. Get hold of something vitalizing, energizing, and powerful.

You can say:
I AM GOD ORDAINED
GOD SUSTAINED
GOD MAINTAINED
HERE AND NOW . . .
IN THE PRESENCE OF THE PRESENCE
I LISTEN! I LET GOD TALK TO ME!


Enjoy your conversation with God. Bless you All.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A: Will our session be a conversation with spirit loved ones?

Q: What happens during a mediumship reading? Will it be a conversation between me and my spirit loved ones? A: Each reading is unique, so I never know what to expect during a reading. As a medium, I open myself with the highest and best intention to receive information from your spirit loved ones. Once we establish contact with a spirit loved one and have established their identity, we can engage them in conversation and ask them questions. Many times, a reading is an opportunity to chat with your family and extended family and maybe a few of your closest friends. It can be a special time for reunion and a sharing of memories. It can be a chance to say "hello" or "I'll see you again" or "I love you". Perhaps it will be a time for making amends and apologies. Or it can be an opportunity for closure and explanation. Or it can a time to receive guidance and opinions from those you trust in Spirit. Or it can be a confirmation of your own experiences with s

Timeframe for spirit contact

Q: My mom just died unexpectedly last week. Is it too soon for me to try to make contact with her through you? I vaguely remember someone telling me that they're not "available" right after they pass? Is there a general timeframe? Please let me know. Thank you. A: There is no official wait time before establishing communication with a spirit loved one. I have noticed some spirits are ready to communicate immediately and other spirits take longer. Some mediums suggest a six month time period. I feel this is a good timeframe for many clients because by then they have processed some of their grief and are not in a desperate space. There is a difference between being ready and being needy. It just depends on the client and the spirit. Trust your own soul regarding this. When you are ready, you just know. What a blessing it is that you know you will connect with your mother's spirit in divine right timing and that love never dies. If you have a general question whose answ

Your job during a mediumship reading

If you are the person who is receiving a mediumship reading and desiring spirit contact, you have a very important job --- CONFIRMATION. This means confirmation either by your own personal knowledge or thru the personal knowledge of another person known to the spirit. During the course of the mediumship reading, you can confirm the information that you know to be true. And some information may require validation after the reading with friends or other family members who are privy to this certain info. Here are some examples of ways in which a spirit may try to validate who they are: The spirit's personality traits or physical characteristics may be described. This is part of what I call the Essence of Spirit . Most spirits are willing to share how they passed with the medium. Sometimes the spirit will give names very clearly or just the initial. Often spirits will give important dates of reference to further validate themselves. They have been known to mention other family members,