Skip to main content

Falling

A year ago, I fell. It was a simple matter of a misstep. Long story short, I was going down a three-step stair and I stumbled a bit, tensed up and tried to catch myself, and ended up pulling a muscle. Funny how in one moment the way you feel can change. My back was tight for many days and weeks and months after. In fact, if I think about it, I can almost feel where it hurt. [gosh, I sound like a big baby pointing out my boo-boo.]

And exactly one year later to the very day, I found myself up on a ladder outside painting the second story of the house. As I carefully manuvered my way up with a paint brush and can of paint, I was VERY aware of gravity and I kept thinking ... "I don't like heights, I fell one year ago today, ugh, this is high, the ladder is shaking, yikes!" Fear, fear, fear.

In between the fear thoughts, I also kept thinking ... "this needs to get done, the house needs to be painted, I'm going to be fine, so what if I fell one year ago today." Stiff upper lip and all that. I also called upon my spiritual reasonings ... "If I fall," I told myself, "I'm okay, if I plummet to my death I'm okay, my people know I love them, I'm a soul and I am eternal, and I like to fly and being on this ladder is like flying really still." Started getting a little desperate at the very end there, I suppose.

Then, I remembered a friend telling me a story. When she was a girl, she wanted to learn how to ride a horse, but she was very afraid that she would fall off. So she practiced falling off that horse again and again and again. And she would get right back on the horse again and again and again. The result: she learned how to fall off a horse safely and she conquered her fear.

Well, I eventually got to the place that the Universe was giving me the opportunity to go with this ladder work. I started to truly release my pain, my body memory, and my anger at myself for falling. The failure, the misstep, and the tension melted away. My mind was relaxed and focused and I was listening to my soul again. A consciousness of new physics (almost zero gravity) was created to zen me out enough to finish painting for the day.

It is useful to respect heights; it is not useful to be scared of heights. We all fall at one time or another. And we get right back up.

Now, get me off this ladder! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A: Will our session be a conversation with spirit loved ones?

Q: What happens during a mediumship reading? Will it be a conversation between me and my spirit loved ones? A: Each reading is unique, so I never know what to expect during a reading. As a medium, I open myself with the highest and best intention to receive information from your spirit loved ones. Once we establish contact with a spirit loved one and have established their identity, we can engage them in conversation and ask them questions. Many times, a reading is an opportunity to chat with your family and extended family and maybe a few of your closest friends. It can be a special time for reunion and a sharing of memories. It can be a chance to say "hello" or "I'll see you again" or "I love you". Perhaps it will be a time for making amends and apologies. Or it can be an opportunity for closure and explanation. Or it can a time to receive guidance and opinions from those you trust in Spirit. Or it can be a confirmation of your own experiences with s

Flashes of light

I am a medium , so I 'see' things. *smile* Well, every now and then, I see a small light. (And I don't mean an orb or a light flying around the room like Tinkerbell.) I am talking about a small pinprick of light that remains stationary and lasts for 2-3 seconds. It resembles a star from the night sky, albeit a very miniature one. This little 'flash of light' is a spirit. Sometimes I see a 'flash of light' (or a miniature star) around clients during readings --- either near the client's chair or in another part of the room. Also, I remember seeing them in a museum, on the trail in the woods, here at home, and at church. When I see that pinprick of light, I focus on asking the spirit to provide me with more information and to share their essence . Much like seeing spirit in side vision , it's a way that we can perceive those in spirit. These flashes of light are just another way for spirit loved ones to communicate that they are with us. In fact, some

Timeframe for spirit contact

Q: My mom just died unexpectedly last week. Is it too soon for me to try to make contact with her through you? I vaguely remember someone telling me that they're not "available" right after they pass? Is there a general timeframe? Please let me know. Thank you. A: There is no official wait time before establishing communication with a spirit loved one. I have noticed some spirits are ready to communicate immediately and other spirits take longer. Some mediums suggest a six month time period. I feel this is a good timeframe for many clients because by then they have processed some of their grief and are not in a desperate space. There is a difference between being ready and being needy. It just depends on the client and the spirit. Trust your own soul regarding this. When you are ready, you just know. What a blessing it is that you know you will connect with your mother's spirit in divine right timing and that love never dies. If you have a general question whose answ